viral vinyl Header

Wednesday 9 April 2008

We R Here; Where RU?


Muxtape is where it's at, at least this month. Painless playlists and nice simple design. Anyway, here's some April music:

mattm.muxtape.com

1. Just because it's an ill way to start a mixtape, er, muxtape. Did they redo this theme song for the remake? Is the remake already cancelled?

2. I dig this, but this is seriously the kind of music only French people can pull off. One of the dudes from Daft Punk producing. Latter half of the disc has lots of female moaning.

3. I put off listening to the Adele record for quite a while, only to listen to almost nothing but last month. Great mix of influences; the vocal stylings are almost Jeff Buckley-esque in certain passages on the first few tracks.

4. I actually paid for this record! The blue-eyed soul meets yacht rock thing is spectacular. The Netherlands and Denmark have it going on the last few years.

5. Nice little stomper from a well-done record. Would've liked to hear the shelved Dangermouse/Ike Turner sessions this partnership started from, though.

6. Stop fronting, fellas. There's nothing wrong in calling it a go-go record.

7. New New York neo-disco. I can finally semi-appreciate Antony, but still like the instrumentals the best.

8. Dangermouse production again, I believe. Love the kinda Happy Mondays doing U2 vibe.

9. For the Ladies and the Gentlemen. Finished soon, hopefully.

10. In the Sade discog, Lover's Rock (the album) doesn't really stick out to me, but I kind of rediscovered it a month or two back (when you're coming home from work at 5 in the morning, it's almost Sade or nothing on the music tip). This track is especially lovely.

11. Nice, unexpected moment off the new one.

12. One of my all-time favorites; ever since some diamond commercial from the pre-Fugee days. 2:38 mark gets me every time. Magic.

6 comments:

omni osi said...

Matt,

I'm getting no love from the muxtape. I can hear Knight Rider, but that's it!
{I just had a creepy thought...the two shows that I loved as a kid and had the toys of were "The Dukes of Hazard" and "Knight Rider". One featured the Confederate flag and the other just has that historically charged name. According to Wikipedia: "The first Klan was founded in 1866 by veterans of the Confederate Army. Its purpose was to restore white supremacy in the aftermath of the American Civil War...Some blacks believed Ku Klux Klan night riders were the ghosts of dead Confederates."
Who was writing these shows?!...anyway}

I agree with you on the Roots comment, there's nothing wrong with a little Go-GO!!!

I want this muxtape to work! I'm enjoying music so much more than ever when it's juxtaposed next to another song.

MattM said...

That's crazy! I was having trouble uploading to the previous music player, but this thing seems to work like a breeze. Hope it's your connection, and not everywhere, I guess.

And yeesh on the TV shows! The A-Team had no hidden meaning, did it?

omni osi said...

YAY! it works now. {my internet connect sux, here I come cable modem!}

Love the Benny Sings. He and Adele sound like the caught the Amy Wino bug and kept it away from the bottle.

Have you heard the "Cleva Various Productions" remix of Adele's "Chasing Pavements"?! Fire!!!

omni osi said...

Loving your joint, Matt. "For the Ladies and Gentlemen:, bring it on!

And the Pink Flamingos' song is amazing!

and don't worry, I think the "A-Team" is safe. Just some mal-adjusted, out-of-work veterans.

{oh, this blog is going to be censored soon. ;P}

"I love it when a plan falls off the rails" ~ O-nah-bull

MattM said...

Censored, how do you mean?
Glad you like my track. I have 16 or so done-ish. Need about 8-10 more, a cover and some Kinko's cash. Hopefully by the end of the month.
There are two other tracks on that Benny Sings that blow that one away. Loving it... And checking for the Adele mix.
I'm having an "I love music!!" week. (Said as I jump off the roof into the pool at the local kids' house party.)

Tim said...

still doesn't work for me...does it start playin upon opening?