viral vinyl Header

Saturday 12 April 2008

Butternut Reduction



Here's what I was going to post:

I've got a hit song, but my heart isn't in it.

Given the state of:

Hip-hop/my sense of humor/ringtone rap and so on, however, I don't feel that that's an issue. Maybe it works in my favor. Is it possible that to have a hit record these days, it's better not to be vested in what you're writing about?

Anyway, I figure I need:

A little Casio beat that sounds good on crappy speakers, some effects, about four lines, and a dance. Should take about an hour. If you want to come over and help, we can get it down to forty minutes, maybe. If Soulja Boy can tell 'em, I can too.

My song? Tron That Bitch.

But here's what it comes down to:


Why is current popular Black music in love with the sounds of late 90's Eurobeat? Is Cher like the OG of modern hip-pop?

1 comment:

omni osi said...

thank you. now I can't get "Butternut reduction" out of my head!