viral vinyl Header

Monday 7 April 2008

Wanna know!

inqmnd.com splash
“Somebody…ain’t living right and I wanna know who is…”
~ intro to “Nic’s Groove” on the Foreign Exchange “Connected” album

I am SO tired of watching Flash-animated turning pages on computer screens.

Finally, somebody has done an online magazine right! Inqmind.ca is perfect. They meld the best aspects of web design with the best of magazine design. This site is a classic example of knowing the rules in order to break them. I’m seeing beautifully laid-out columns of text and images moving independently in order to progress through the article and add to, instead of distract from, the content. I am very inspired by this.

Plus, I am thinking about how many times I’ve read the Fader (another fav) and wondered how the music that they described sounded. The music player on Inqmind is seamless. It’s hard to go wrong when you start with a Dilla tribute, but what’s up with that new Funkdoobiest!!! Rock on.

2 comments:

MattM said...

Nice. Check their blog for Jay and Mary on Letterman the other night. Jay-Z telling the R. Kelly story is great. "Public record!"

omni osi said...

oh and "I hope i don't get sick of this!" is that Devin the !@#$% Dude on the music player?!

"Here kitty Kitty"