viral vinyl Header

Tuesday 30 October 2007

Because of the fact that this is a (test)...we will now take the time...to (re-fix) it



Shout out to Steady B, Blastmaster KRS-ONE, TaT Money on the cut, and Doc, breaking it down like this! The combination of black & white cartoons and 1920's-sounding samples makes this song really memorable for me. I've never heard the original to this song, but I've never needed to, this song is a classic.

I just wanted to update the Hamlet Safety project. I have taken the suggestions and questions I received from people to update and hopefully improve the project. Please let me know if you have any other comments or suggestions. Much appreciated.

I am also including another test project i did. I added a visual component to the excellent musical language lessons provided by earwormsMBT. This is a demo of a German lesson for the video iPod. I was planning to make a trip over to the father-land (why is it called this?) when I was waylaid by a bit of bacteria in the system. Long story short, I never got to test my supposed German language learning.



On another note, big up Kerry Washington for directing an amazing video for Common's "I Want You". There is not alot of talk of female directors out there, let alone black female directors. This is not one of the top five songs on the excellent "Finding Forever" album, but this video goes a long way in making the song work for me. The video is really well thought out with a story line that adds to the song rather than just represents it. I haven't enjoyed a video from Common this much since the MK12 designed "Go".

o:{Big up OnSmash for the link. Apologies for the logos in the way. (like I did that!)}

2 comments:

MattM said...

That Chinese demo is poppin' on the beat! "I...wo-uh...I...wo-uh" I want a fatter kick drum and a lil "put it on 45 so I can dance to it," and I'd buy that one.
And the Common video...I think I'm in the minority here, or I just disagree with you. 1. In my top five tracks of that album - I can't front on Will as a producer (for other artists, natch). 2. Is that Kerry Washington walking them grainy streets looking like a heroin addict? Yeah, I could use less of that. I know that kind of negates the story line, but Alicia looks nice these days and that's enough for me. I liked the thirty second trailer better.

omni osi said...

ooh, i haven't even stepped to the chinese yet.

As for Will's beat, sometimes i like it and sometimes I don't. The best part is the end and I think the Black Spade used that sample to WAY better effect on "To Serve With Love"! But agreed, Will's good, but his beats go better with others.

As for Kerry, i didn't think Heroine addict, but that does add something to the story for me. Maybe she's a sex addict. I was just happy to get a story and not a gimmick. I was so disappointed in "Driving Me Wild"'s video. Lily in a Spacesuit? Common in a tux going nowhere? Explosions? Huh?

And yes, let's hear it for maturity. It looks good on Serena and Alicia. I just kept hearing "Throw Some D's on her" when she and Kanye are onscreen together and she's kinda ignoring him. ;)