viral vinyl Header

Thursday 11 December 2008

New York Renaissance


Man, Jay-Z can tell his life stories “a milli” times and it still sounds interesting! He deserves his crown. It’s lovely to see some internet love in this video. I came across Evan Roth’s animated illustration technique some time ago, but it works really well in this Low Budget video. (props to GBH.tv)


“My billionaire mayor has declared himself king.”

The quickest way to my heart is to put Kermit in anything! And the vocalist in this song comes the closest to Jim Henson’s voice than anyone who has tried it since. A beautiful song. And it’s somehow fitting that The Frog (a new york transplant himself) give eulogy to New York’s slow demise.

1 comment:

MattM said...

Man I love love love that LCD song. Brings back memories of walking around with the ipod, making decisions.

I'm not blown away by any of the new Jay-Z yet, though maybe I'm partial to the track with Lyte on it. Lyte!