viral vinyl Header

Friday 25 July 2008

What the?...


Came across this strange ad on the subway the other day. No mention of it on Kanye’s site, but I did find this commercial. It ends with the ominous “a vision by kanye west”. I can’t believe someone green-lit this!

Thanks to kemba for putting me on to the new gnarls barkley video for “whose gonna save my soul”. Wow. She knew I’d like it. Her words: “picturesque and very appropriate. Shout out to all the lovers out there!” It’s almost like an anti-video with the acting taking center stage over the song itself. I thought it was a commercial for MTV at first. It looks like something they would do in between their many shows. An amazing drug-induced concept that definitely has people talking.

And finally, this made my day:











My two favorite things – muppets and M.O.P.

1 comment:

MattM said...

Think it's kind of the marketing wolf in creative sheep clothing. The teaser site that went up last month (www.bekanyenow.com - now just directs to Absolut subsite) was kind of clever. I guess it's ok for celebrities to do ads if they're in Japan or have that Gondry randomness.