viral vinyl Header

Sunday 2 March 2008

And Scene: Riqonstruction

The Roots "75 Bars" download site


“The Roots are from Philly which is the murder capital of America yet neither Questlove nor Black Thought have ever killed anybody. If they want to rep Philly they have to catch a body.”
~ The Source {taken from the sig of an okayplayer post}

This quote was going through my mind as I was watching the new online Roots video for “75 Bars

It took me two listens to get into the song, where the best parts are the drumming and the subtle backing music. I’m at an age where I’m not excited by the N-word being every line’s exclamation point. But even worse, the video is just lackluster. It made me {and some of the okayplayers on the boards ask, “What’s the point?!”

And so I started to think about how I would have done the video. This is what I came up with: “75 Bars: Riqonstruction

On a completely different note, this made me smile. "You crazy for this one Barack!"

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
o:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

interesting not feeling the song either ....