viral vinyl Header

Thursday 14 February 2008

…Like a fat kid loves cake.



My love affair as of late has been with the mighty J-Rocc. Beat Junkie president and maestro DJ. He can do no wrong and he is one of the best reasons to subscribe to the Stones Throw podcast. But it really began with a free CD promo mix for the Jaylib album that collected the past classics of both Jay Dee and Madlib as well as introduced the new collaborative material. And the mix was seamlessly beautiful! That one CD got so much run in my car that it became just a pile of scratches. I would gladly pay money for it now and am happy to find that Jaylib vs. J-Rocc mix on his mySpace.

But if that wasn’t enough, I woke up this morning to find an okayplayer link to the new Blue Note “Droppin’ Science” compilation {which I will buy just for the ?uestlove liner notes. I’ll be happy when this dude just writes a book} and lo and behold there is this excellent J-Rocc mix of the songs and samples. Priceless.

2 comments:

Tim said...

I couldn't agree more, J-Rocc is the baddest right now! That podcast mix that was put out a while back was sooo dope! I particularly liked the Tom Scott mix into T.R.O.Y. Eager to hear this 'droppin science' mix. I have a feelin this could be better than the actual album, bein that most of the cuts are nothin new to me, and J finds a way to make everything so fresh and funky...yessir!

omni osi said...

I know people are gonna bite my head off for this...but I liked the Jaylib vs. J.Rocc promo better than the Jaylib album (even though i bought it twice!) And I agree with you that this mix is prolly better than the droppin' science album, but I think I saw something about a JRocc remix...maybe?